Are you tired of pale air fryer chicken tenders, nuggets, and other foods? Then you need to make our Air Fryer Toasted Panko breadcrumb recipe. It’s a requirement for getting those golden brown, attractive chicken, breaded pork chops, and much more.
It’s easy to make with just a couple of ingredients and less than five minutes. Incredible!
So now let’s talk about the ingredients you need to make these air fryer toasted panko for golden brown-crusted recipes. There are only two.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – There are differences between brands. For some brands, the breadcrumbs are larger than others. However, this shouldn’t cause any problems. Use whichever panko is available at your favorite grocery store.
- Butter – We used unsalted butter to ensure that whatever you coat doesn’t become overly salty. If you prefer it, use olive oil in place of butter.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Air Fryer Toasted Breadcrumbs
Now that you know about the ingredients, it’s time to talk about how to make your air fryer toasted breadcrumbs. It couldn’t be easier. The first step is to set the air fryer to 400 degrees.
First, gather your ingredients. Melt the butter in the microwave or air fryer. Then, place the breadcrumbs in an air fryer-appropriate pan, add the melted butter, and combine.
Cook them in the air fryer for 1 minute. Open the air fryer and stir the breadcrumbs.
Next, you’ll want to cook them for another 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
You can clearly see the differences between the untoasted and toasted air fryer panko breadcrumbs
Hint: You can quickly burn the breadcrumbs. So keep an eye on them and stir every 30 seconds.
You will need an air fryer for this recipe. We recommend the Instant Pot Vortex. We’ve had it for years, and it still works great. You’ll also need an air fryer pan or dish that will fit inside the air fryer. We use the one that comes in this air fryer accessories kit.
You will want to place them in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature for up to a few days.
Other Condiments and Seasonings
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Air Fryer Toasted Panko Recipe
- 1 Cup Panko
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the panko and melted butter in a bowl. Mix until panko is coated in butter.
- Add a small pan to the air fryer. Pour the panko into it. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes in 30-second increments. Make sure to stir after every 30 seconds. Panko will be a golden brown color.
- Pour panko into an airtight container and use it with your favorite recipe. Enjoy!
- You can easily double this batch.
- After 1 minute of cooking, you want to watch since the panko will go from golden brown to burnt.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for 1 month.