We are so excited to present this Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s so addictively delicious you’ll have to make at least two batches to keep everyone satisfied. Oh, but it gets even better, my friend! It’s easy to make with just a handful of easy to find ingredients. And here’s a bonus: it’s a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken.
It works as a wonderfully delicious anytime snack but you’ll definitely want to whip up a few batches when “foodball” season. We love all the dips and snacks that are common around this time of year.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Air fryer buffalo chicken dip is an amazing way to use up leftover chicken.
- With hot sauce, cheeses, and chicken, it has a bold, cream and spicy flavor that’s just spicy enough but not overpowering.
- It couldn’t be easier to make with just five simple ingredients, but it’s also completely customizable. For example, use less hot sauce to reduce the heat or use a combination of different cheeses.
- The crowd pleasing flavors and ease of preparation make it a great choice for parties and other social gatherings.
- It pairs wonderfully with lots of dippers like celery, tortilla chips, pretzels, carrots, and crackers.
- Shredded Chicken – use leftover shredded rotisserie chicken or make our air fryer shredded chicken recipe.
- Buffalo Sauce – you can buy it premade but it’s easy to make with hot sauce and butter.
- Shredded Cheese – we like Monterey jack, but there are many cheeses that would work such as cheddar or mozzarella.
- Cream Cheese – adds bulk to the dip.
- Sour Cream – makes the dip creamier.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Dip
The first step is optional. We like to chop the shredded chicken into smaller chunks. We prefer to do this to avoid strands of shredded chicken. It is
Then, add the chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and sour cream to a bowl and mix to combine.
Next, you’ll want to mix to combine.
Then, place it in a oven safe dish. We like to use a small 6 inch cast iron skillet.
Before baking, wrap the baking dish or pan in aluminum foil. This will prevent the top from burning.
After the dip is done cooking, top it with cheese and return it to the air fryer for another few minutes until the cheese is cooked.
What Are Some Good Dippers for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Kettle Chips
- Tortilla Chips
Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip: Add cooked, crumbled bacon to the dip for a smoky, savory element.
BBQ Chicken Dip: Swap the buffalo sauce for BBQ sauce for a sweeter, smoky flavor. Top with cheddar cheese and garnish with chopped green onions.
Cheesy Spinach Buffalo Dip: Incorporate spinach and a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses for a cheesy, veggie-packed variation.
Caramelized Onion Buffalo Dip: Add caramelized onions to the dip for a sweet and savory twist. Pair with Gorgonzola or blue cheese for added depth.
How to Store & Reheat
How to store:
Store leftover air fryer buffalo chicken dip by letting it cool to room temperature, then put it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 4 days.
How to reheat:
Reheat the dip in the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it is heated through.
- Preheat the air fryer for even cooking
- Be sure to use an oven-safe dish
- Soften the cream cheese by allowing it to sit out at re
- Use an oven mitt or dish towel to remove the dish from the air fryer
- Stir midway through cooking to ensure even heat distribution and creaminess
Yes! You can use canned chicken, but leftover rotisserie or fresh shredded chicken breast works much better.
Absolutely! Just prepare the dip ahead and store it in the refrigerator and air fry it when you are ready to eat it.
Buffalo chicken is on the milder side of spicy but if you want to lessen the heat, simple use less sauce.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 2 Oz Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- First, preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, put your shredded chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix it all together until everything is coated evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish that will fit inside your air fryer basket and cover tightly with foil.
- Put the dish with your dip into the preheated air fryer basket. Cook it for around 20-25 minutes, but the time can change depending on the size of your dish. You want it to be heated through, and the top should get all bubbly.
- Uncover and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top, and cook it for another 2-3 minutes until the top is bubbling and lightly golden brown.
- When it's ready, serve your delicious dip while it's hot. You can enjoy it with crackers, celery sticks, carrots, or chips for dipping. Enjoy!
- You can use leftover chicken breast or rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- Be sure to cover the dish with foil, or the top will burn before the middle is hot.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat the dip covered in an oven-safe dish at 400 degrees for up to 10 minutes. The time can vary based on how much dip you are reheating.
- If you forget to take the cream cheese out you can put the cream cheese on a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high setting for 10-second increments or until it’s as soft as you want.