Have the best of both worlds with this Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pizza! It’s so good, you’ll think twice about waiting in line at fast food restaurants for a burger. And you’ll completely forget all about making messy hamburgers at home. Here’s why.
All you need is premade pizza dough, American cheese, ground beef, lettuce, onion, tomato, special sauce, and your trusty air fryer.
So any time you get the hankering for some all American fair, check out this recipe. Plus, it’s a great way to change up your menu.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Air fryer cheeseburger combines the best of both worlds as it is a pizza with cheeseburger ingredients. So, now you don’t have to choose between the two.
- You can make it with your favorite burger toppings including ketchup, mustard, onions, or bacon.
- It’s easy and quick to make in the air fryer for a convenient and fun low-effort meal.
- It’s so fun that kids or guests would love to help you make them and dress their burger toppings with their favorite ingredients.
- It makes for a great lunch, dinner, or snack as it takes little time to prepare.
- Canned Pizza Dough – Just roll it out and cut into squares or rectangles. We cut ours into round dough square is much easier.
- Cooked Ground Beef – It wouldn’t be much of burger without hamburger. You cook it stovetop or the air fryer for ease.
- Cheese – American cheese is the best cheese for burgers or cheeseburger pizza. You can try other types of cheeses but we know that American is best.
- Lettuce – We like shredded iceberg lettuce for topping burgers. It provides a nice crunch. No need for fancy green leaf lettuce which is also tasty.
- Tomato – Choose your favorite tomatoes. We used Roma for this recipe.
- Onions – We prefer chopped red onions to yellow or white onions for burgers.
- Pickles – Get savory hamburger pickles.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pizza
First, open a can of pizza dough. Then, roll it out, and cut out a 6″ x 6″ piece. While we made ours round, square works better.
Poke the dough with a fork and add oil.
Put the dough in the air fryer and cook for another few minutes.
Next, add cheese and cooked ground beef to the dough.
Put the pizza back into the air fryer and cook for a few minutes.
Add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and special sauce.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza – add crispy bacon pieces on top for a smoky flavor.
Mushroom Swiss Burger Pizza – for a gourmet twist, replace American cheese with Swiss, and add sauteed mushrooms instead of the other toppings.
Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza – add sliced pickles jalapenos or sprinkle with chili pepper flakes.
Veggie Cheeseburger Pizza – skip the ground beef, and add toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles.
Equipment we Recommend
How to Store & Reheat
First, let it cool to room temperature, then place it in an airtight container or wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Then, place it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days for optimal freshness.
Cheeseburger pizza is easy to reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes until they are heated through and the crust is crispy again.
- Drain the meat to ensure it’s not to greasy which can make the crust soggy.
- Overloading the pizza with toppings can make it difficult to eat.
- Add fresh toppings after cooking.
You will want to precook the ground beef to ensure that it’s fully cooked and drain off excess fat.
Drain the ground beef well, use a moderate amount of sauce, and don’t overload with toppings.
Chicken and turkey are tasty yet leaner protein options and will make a great replacement for ground beef.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 Pizza Dough Store Bought or Homemade
- 8 Sliced Amercian Cheese
- 12 Oz Cooked Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Lettuce Shredded
- 2 Medium Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Pickles
- Burger Sauce Optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough so it's the same size as your air fryer basket.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Take one of those pieces and carefully put it in the air fryer. Use a fork to poke some holes in it, then lightly brush it with olive oil.
- Cook the dough for 3 minutes, but make sure to flip it over halfway through and brush some more oil.
- Once the dough is partly cooked, add 2 slices of American cheese and some ground beef on top. Cook for 5-7 more minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Just before you're ready to eat, put some shredded lettuce, diced tomato, red onion, and pickles on top. If you like, you can also drizzle some burger sauce on it for extra flavor. Enjoy!
- Poking holes in the dough helps prevent the dough from rising too much.
- During the first 3 minutes of precooking the dough you want to flip it halfway to allow the other side to get nice and crispy.