These brownie bite cups with ice cream are a fun alternative to a traditional cake and ice cream dessert. They are self-contained and bite sized which means no need for paper plates or silverware. We loved little finger food desserts like this.
The really cool thing about these bites is that is ridiculously simple. At first we were going to provide a common brownie recipe, but it takes away from the easy aspect. This recipe is ridiculously simple because we took a boxed brownie mix and jazzed it up a little.
Table of Contents
So, How Did We Jazz Up Those Boxed Brownies…?
On our particular box of brownies, the instructions called for 3 tablespoons of water. We substituted the water for coffee liqueur. But you can use coffee instead. On top of that, we added a teaspoon of cinnamon. These steps enhance the flavor adding richness. Bake according to the directions on the back of the box.
Another piece of advice would be to choose a box of ‘fudge’ brownies. We have a preference for the fudgy brownies over the cake variety. Also, use pam (or generic nonstick spray) and flour the pan to get the bites out of the pan easier.
Notching the Brownie Bites
We came across many brownie cup recipes and they all say to use two brownie or muffin pans to make them. We tried it and the brownie sticks to the tins. However we discovered a better way. It’s really simple, we let the brownies bake. Then when they are done, we used a shot glass to push down about halfway. Do this step before the brownies cool and are still in the muffin pan as it helps you get them out of the pan. This creates a nice deep notch that is perfect for a small scoop or two of ice cream.
Ice Cream Scoops
We like small bites of dessert. For some reason smaller taste better to us. For this recipe we used our small muffin tin. So, we had to use our mini ice cream scooper (melon baller) so that the ice cream scoop fit perfectly in the notch. The ice cream nest perfectly in the brownie bites. You can even add a second scoop on top if you so desire. What we didn’t add were sprinkles, chopped nuts, and other delicious toppings! We simply forgot…Any who…Check out the pictures.
These little dessert bites are delicious and beautiful. If you make this take a picture and show us!
Brownie Bite Cups with Ice Cream
- 1 Box of Brownie Mix
- 3 Tablespoons Coffee Liqueur We used Kamora
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the cupcake pan with cooking spray. Fill the cupcake pan 2/3 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes. (See note)
- Once the brownies are done wait 2 minutes and using a shot glass push down in the center about ½ way. (See note)
- Remove brownies from the pan cool completely and fill with your favorite ice cream. Enjoy!
- If the mix requires more water than 3 tablespoons please add the difference after adding the coffee liqueur.
- Bake until the toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs. We like a fudgy brownie texture.
- Don’t push the shot glass all the way down or you will push through the bottom and it will fall apart. If you don’t have a shot glass you can us any kitchen item that will fit in the center and is smaller than the cupcake pan.
- Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days. If they last that long.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING…