These Green Apple Caramel Gummy Pops are the perfect treat for Halloween and fall. You’re going to love them! Why? Because they’re green apple-flavored gummies in the shape of an apple with caramel on the inside! Then we placed them on a stick on a stick. How cool is that?Jump to Recipe
This recipe was one of the most fun recipes to make, and we’ve never been so happy to share a recipe with you before! Especially with Halloween coming up.
This treat is so easy with just four ingredients.
- Green apple flavored gelatin (we used this one)
- Unflavored gelatin
See the recipe card for quantities.
Combine green apple gelatin, unflavored gelatin, and water and sit for 5 minutes. Then microwave for 15 sec. intervals until mixture is melted. Next, let sit for 10 minutes, and remove foam.
While waiting for the gelatin, unwrap and form caramel candies into a ball. Then roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness. Next, use a small cookie or biscuit cutter to cut out the caramel rounds.
Spray pan with cooking spray. Then pour enough of the gelatin mixture into the pan to reach a thickness of 1/4 inch. Then wait about five minutes for the gelatin to start to solidify.
Place the caramel cutouts on the layer of the green apple gelatin about two inches apart. Then pour enough of the remaining gelatin over the caramels to cover them completely.
Allow the gelatin to set for two to four hours, then use the cookie cutter to cut out each shape. You may need to use a book or other flat surface to press down on the cutter.
Finally, make a small slit at the bottom of each gelatin candy and gently insert a candy stick.
Hint: To get the stick further into the pops, try to maneuver the stick behind the caramel candy.
Only let the green apple gelatin mixture sit long enough to begin to set. When you place the caramel rounds on the gelatin, it should still be a little wet. This is what you want as the caramels will stick to it.
For a more sour surprise, dip your caramel apple pop in a citric acid/sugar mixture, as shown in the image at the top of the page.
Store the finished pops in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Allow to come up to room temperature before serving.
Green Apple Caramel Gummy Pops Recipe
- 1.5 inch apple cookie cutters
- 3 Oz Green Apple Flavored Gelatin
- 1 Packet Unflavored Gelatin 7 grams
- 1/3 Cup Cold Water
- 16 Pieces Caramel Candies We used Kraft caramel candies
- 1/8 Cup Sugar optional
- 1/2 Tbsp Citric Acid optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the green apple jello, unflavored gelatin, and water. Stir gently to combine and let it sit for 5 minutes to give the gelatin time to bloom. Microwave it for 15 seconds, and stir gently. Microwave for another 15 seconds and stir. If the mixture is not melted, continue in 5-second increments until melted. (See note)
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, there will be a layer of foam on top. You should be able to easily scoop the foam off the surface with a spoon.
- Spray the tray with a little cooking spray. Pour about half the mixture into the bottom of a tray. Let it sit in the fridge for about 3-5 minutes or just until it starts to set.
- Unwrap about 10 pieces of caramel and roll it out about ¼ inch thick. Cut out circles and set them aside. Arrange the caramel cutouts on top of the first layer. (See note) Microwave the remaining mixture for about 10 seconds in order to pour it over the caramels.
- Let the gummies sit in the fridge for 1 hour. Cut out your gummies and add the lollipop sticks. (See note) Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put them back into the fridge for another 3 hours until they set.
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and citric acid. Mix just until combined. Roll the gummy cutouts or lollipops in the sugar mixture and enjoy!
- When you don’t see any grains of gelatin, it’s melted properly.
- When you add the caramel cutouts, you want to lightly press them into the jello mixture. This helps the caramels stick.
- Instead of lollipop sticks, you can also add popsicle sticks depending on how thick your cutouts are. These are also great without the sticks and are fun to eat with your hands.
- The serving size can vary based on the size of cookie cutter you use.