Hot Honey Smoked Salmon Crostini is a satisfyingly crispy crostini (toast) covered in our distinctive smoked salmon spread and finished with our simple yet irresistible hot honey. This easy and quick two-bite appetizer is perfect for a brunch, lunch, or afternoon celebration. And, it’s also great for a late-night sneak to the fridge, if you know what I mean.Jump to Recipe
While you can dress this appetizer up, it is full of simple ingredients that you can find at a typical grocery store. If you love smoked salmon as much as we do, this recipe is a surefire hit.
We Love Smoked Salmon Spread…A Lot
One of our favorite restaurants serves smoked salmon pate with a variety of bread and crackers as a starter. It is one of our favorite things to eat. Period. So much so that we’ve been known to order extra to take home.
So yeah, we love smoked salmon, and we love this little easy appetizer. You will too!
Below are all the ingredients you will need to make this straightforward recipe.
- Smoked Salmon
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon (juice)
- Fresh Chives
- Hot Honey
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Hot Honey Smoked Salmon Crostini
There’s nothing difficult about making our hot honey smoked salmon crostini. The first thing you want to do is bring the cream cheese out of the fridge and set it on a plate to get it to room temperature.
Then, make the hot honey. While the hot honey is steeping for 15 minutes, you can make the smoked salmon spread and preheat the oven to 400-degrees. Combine the smoked salmon, juice from a lemon, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and chives.
Next, slice the baguette into half-inch-thick slices and place those pieces on a baking sheet. Then drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Let the crostini cool completely, then put on the salmon spread and drizzle with the hot honey.
Prepared smoked salmon dip will last up to five days in the refrigerator. The hot honey will last much longer, up to six months.
Hot Honey Smoked Salmon Crostini Recipe
- 4 Oz Smoked Salmon
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chives
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 Cup Hot Honey Sauce
- Cut the bread into 1/2 inch slices. Brush some olive oil on both sides and place on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Using a hand mixer mix until completely combined. Then mix in the smoked salmon and chives.
- Spoon the smoked salmon spread on a cooled piece of crostini and drizzle some hot honey sauce on top. Enjoy!
- You can also use a Ciabatta Lunga or any long bread in your grocery store’s bakery section.
- Store spread in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- You can adjust the salt and pepper to taste. The smoked salmon we bought was salty so we didn’t need to add much.