By now, you’ve probably heard of Yummly. But are you using it to its full potential?
Yummly is a beautifully designed recipe search engine with over 2 million recipes – for those of you who don’t know.
It’s also a food content site and an app that lets you store recipes from their site or any other tasty destination you find on your digital travels.
Top Reasons We Love Yummly
- Recipe Collections – with this feature, it is so easy to save and organize your recipes. So, kind of like Pinterest “boards”, you can save your favorite recipes to different Yummly “collections”. For example, our salted caramel chocolate skillet cookie can be saved to “desserts”, “Holiday Recipes”, “Chocolate”, etc., with the tick of a box. It’s equally easy to remove a recipe from a collection, you untick the box. And to make a new collection, you click “new collection”, name it, and hit enter. Simple.
- Yum On The Go – When you save a recipe you’re “yumming” it. I know, cute, right? So, anywhere you come across a recipe on the web, you can “yum” it which saves it to your recipe box. If you are yumming on a desktop computer just follow these easy instructions here to get the bookmarklet. Then, you can save a recipe with just one click! Alternatively, you can yum with the Yummly app.
- Yummly Learns What You Like – After you set up your profile (which is quick and easy by the way) and start yumming, recipe suggestions will appear in your “just for you” feed. And it doesn’t stop there! The more you use Yummly the better your recommendations will be.
- Search Filters – There’s a bazillion places to find recipes online, but yummly is a recipe specific search engine and the best and biggest of its kind. So you will love searching for recipes on the site or the app. Here’s why: You can filter your results in all sorts of ways. For example, taste, diet, allergy, technique, cooktime, etc. You can also search for recipes without a certain ingredient, i.e. “cupcakes without eggs”.
- Sharing – For foodies, sharing a recipe is vital! It’s like you get to be the hero and introduce something cool or helpful to your tribe. Yummly makes sharing very easy to do as every recipe has those social icons next to it.
Well, that’s it for now. So, what is your experience with Yummly? Let us know in the comments section.