With this boozy coffee peppermint hot chocolate, we’ve got you covered with everything you need to make your holiday party a little more interesting. Ask your guests who likes hot chocolate and all of them will raise their hands! Now, let’s add some coffee to intensify the chocolate, and a little alcohol to keep the party going. Finally, top with some crushed peppermint and some whipped cream. What you’ve got is a recipe for long lasting fun.
This is one of those quick drink recipes that is so easy and inexpensive to make. It’s also very pretty! We bought some clear mugs from Ikea to give you an idea of how this drink can be display. It’s really cool to see the separation of the chocolate and cool whip. By the way, we prefer to use cool whip rather than whipped cream topping in the can. It taste better and the clouds of cool whip last much longer. There’s not much else to say except…deliciousness is headed your way. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
Boozy Coffee Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 2 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate Chopped
- 4 Cups of Whole Milk
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Coffee Liqueur I used Kamora
- Cool Whip
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk on medium low heat for about 5 minutes. (See note)
- While the milk is heating up chop the chocolate and set aside.
- After 5 minutes add the chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix until the chocolate is melted and the sugar has dissolved. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the coffee liqueur. (See note)
- Pour the hot chocolate into 8 ounce cups or mugs top with a dollop of cool whip and add your favorite treat. (See note) Enjoy!
- Do not boil the milk or you will burn it and the taste is not good.
- You can add more coffee liqueur if you want to make them strong. I tested the recipe and found 2 tablespoons per 8 ounce service is perfect.
- I shaved some chocolate on top and added some crushed peppermint candies. This recipe will be your new favorite I promise.
Leave a Reply